Sunday 29 December 2013

Christmas Baking - Snickerdoodles!

Hi friends!

It's been really really busy around here over Christmas....and yes, I've been really really lazy.....so this blog post is a little late in getting out. I know some of my friends have been waiting very patiently for this. And others have quite bluntly said "hurry up Bill!" so here I am....I've peeled myself off the lounge and am ready to tell you about my lovely Kitchen Adventure baking Snickerdoodles.

Firstly, snickerdoodles are NOT made out of snickers chocolate bars :) They are a super yummy USA sugar cookie that is rolled in cinamon sugar before baking. Yes, they are the cinamon donut of the cookie world.

Yes I know, stop talking Bill and show us the cookies! But first - credit where it's due.
Thank you to my friends Ellie and Edmond for introducing me to these lovely treats!
And thank you to Mrs Betty Crocker for the recipe :)

I won't write out the recipe here - just click on the link above and be magically taken to Mrs Crocker's recipe page. One note for non-American kitchen friends........ our friends in the USA have an ingredient called shortening. I don't know about Europe, but here in Aussie Land we don't have anything that really compares, so I just used extra butter instead of shortening. It worked out real well.

Ok - PHOTOS! Here we go.........the Snickerdoodles........here they are just out of the oven.....


They look quite yummy don't they. Can you see the cinamon?.....

 The recipe sure made a lot of cookies!!!!!.........


I let my Mumma Bear have one with her cup of tea. (Just one mind you).......


Well, you know what we do now don't you friends?
.......nom nom nom

Bill xx

2 comments:

  1. If you could just send me a box round, Bill, that'll be fine. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look DELICIOUS!
    No Snickers? In Snickerdoodles? Whaaaat? *Jeremy faints*

    ReplyDelete