Wednesday 12 June 2013

Strawberry Sideways Jelly Surprise

Hello friends!

I found this wonderful looking recipe on a lovely blog called With a Grateful Prayer and a Thankful Heart. It looked so pretty and yummy I just had to give it a try. Mine's not quite so pretty, but here's my version of it...


So super easy to make, I changed the recipe a teeny bit to use ingredients available to me. Here's my take on it....

Ingredients:
1 package jelly crystals (I used port wine flavour)
1 cup sliced fresh fruit - I used frozen strawberries as strawberries are not in season right now and so were way too $$$$
1 cup whipped cream

DIRECTIONS
Prepare jelly according to package directions. Chill until slightly thickened. Set aside 1/3 cup. Add fruit to remaining jelly; spoon into 4 to 5 glasses. Chill glasses at an angle until set.

Meanwhile, fold whipped topping into measured (1/3 cup) gelatin. Spoon topping mixture into glasses of set jelly. Chill. Garnish


It's worth having a look at the original blog recipe cause Grateful Prayer's is so much prettier and also has whipped cream and strawberry garnish. It's a really nice light dessert that you can whip up super quick. And it will certainly make you friends....



Ok, just one thing left to do now.... nom nom nom

Bill xx




No comments:

Post a Comment